I finished the side curtains. They are simply white cotton broadcloth with borders in the blue/green paisley. Like I did for the end panels, I put the paisley where hands would go to open and close the curtains, hoping that will keep then cleaner a little longer. Of course, they are machine washable if necessary.
I did not change out the valance. I will, someday, but it really isn't bothering me that much right now so it will wait until I find the right fabric sale.
The more noticeable change, of course, is the cushion covers. They're bright, huh? Perfect for a family full of kids.
The covers are made from Ikea bedspreads, on clearance for $11 each. Each bedspread made two - three covers, so it took quite a few bedspreads. I was looking at buying 10 or more yards of fabric to do all the cushions and wanted something sturdy, not a simple quilting cotton, and was looking at a pretty substantial expense. I really think I lucked out on these, they match and they were a great price. They're quilted and quite sturdy, great for holding their shape and, hopefully, standing up to use by 6 campers.
The covers are kind of duvet-like, with velcro closing them on the backside, super easy to take off and toss in the washer if necessary. I was able to use the side seams from the bedspreads on the outsides of the back, giving a more finished sturdy look.
The throw pillows are made from Ikea pillows. Very simply, I manipulated the stuffing of the $4 pillows so it was divided in half inside the pillow, then I just sewed down the middle to create two smaller pillows. I added a second row of stitching next to the dividing row and cut the pillows into two between the stitching. Much less expensive and easier than batting or pillow forms.
The throw pillows will work for any camper who forgets, or doesn't want to bring, their pillow. They're small, but nice and comfy.
The bird on the green leaf print pillow was made with a stamp I found at JoAnn's for $.25.
It's hard to see but two of the pillows are made from a fuzzy fleece, which was a blanket on clearance at Ikea as well. Perfect solution and super super soft.
On the bench I chose to use a pair of denim curtains for the seat cushions. Knowing we'd be eating there I wanted something that would handle stains and spills better so I went with the darker color.
Posts about the other updates to the camper:
#1 - (paint, bed end covers, drawer pulls, chalkboard paint door)
#2 - (bed end curtains, counters and table, faucet, flooring, door mat)