Review and Giveaway: Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent

*The Purex brand provided me with a sample of Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent in exchange for a product review. However, all opinions expressed here are my own.

My son Ian graduated from high school at the beginning of May (go Ian!). The evening before his high school graduation he graduated from college with his AA degree (go Ian!!). Icing the cake, he graduated near the top of his class with a perfect 4.0 GPA. He's a smart cookie.

In addition to celebrating Ian's graduation I wanted to use the opportunity that event provided to take a family picture with my parents. Of course, that meant dressing the children in decent clothes when 90% of their wardrobe is swimwear and the other 10% is casual clothes (at least that's how it feels to me). Anyhoo ... dress clothes meant shopping. New clothes were purchased for Adam and Kaden, including a nice solid white polo shirt. Oh, and aren't those neckties fantastic?

After graduation and pictures we went out for pizza. Guess who wore pizza sauce? Yes, the boy in the white polo shirt.

After washing the shirt in my regular detergent the stain was still there.

I was given a bottle of Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent to try and review, with specific instructions to take a before and after picture of a stain. Up for a challenge, this shirt presented either a perfect opportunity to do that before/after picture or a perfect opportunity to tell you the detergent didn't work - after all,  this was an already washed shirt and the stains hadn't budged.

So we have a before shot (sorry for the really bad picture, yikes!):

I pre-soaked with a tiny bit of the bleach free detergent, then about 5 minutes later tossed the shirt into the washer with the rest of the laundry load.


I'm not kidding. It worked great. I had to find my before pictures to figure out where the stain had been to take the "after" picture.

Overall, my whites got whiter with the detergent and it removed set in stains. I couldn't be more impressed and, because it's Purex, the price is right too. As if that weren't enough it smells good and two scents are available - Sunny Linen and Original Fresh.

I'm loving this new detergent and what it's done for our clothes.

Convinced? Want to try it yourself? Enter to win your own bottle by entering below! Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

You Might Also Like

13 Comment

  1. I struggle with dirt and grass stains on my son's pants.

  2. This time of year it is grass stains, but overall, ink is almost impossible.

  3. Oh I have a hard time with spaghetti sauce and popsicles!

  4. My biggest problem is baby food stains on my daughter's clothes.

  5. My biggest laundry stain problem is grease stains.

  6. My biggest problem stains are my husbands greasy and oily clothes from being a trucker.

  7. My biggest stain is my hubby's ring around the collar on his white dress shirts. My email is

  8. Grease is always my biggest problem.

  9. The biggest stains I deal with is kid stains like ketchup, grass etc.

  10. Hey there! I've been reading your weblog for a while now and
    finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx!
    Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!

  11. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt
    donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding
    your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

  12. This is a good tip especially to those fresh to
    the blogosphere. Short but very accurate info… Appreciate your sharing this one.

    A must read article!

  13. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and
    starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.

    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!