Here is the girl quilt to match the boyish one I made over the weekend.
This one took much more thought than the blue/green one, largely because I was low on pink and green fabrics ... at least in the "right" shades, and didn't want to spend any money on new fabric. In the end I redid 4 of the blocks, but am happy with the results (but I do like the blue/green one better... shhh...).
After sewing the border on late last night I looked at the quilt and knew immediately the border was not going to work. It will come off and be replaced by something pink that is much less "busy" ... which I will have to buy. While I'm at it I may replace one or two (or more) more squares ... I haven't decided yet, that'll probably depend on the fabrics I find when I finally make it to the fabric store.
See, here it is without the border.
The quilting will be done with bright pink, not fuschia, but a strong on-the-dark-side pink.
I love Caitlin's idea of dying sheets and am planning to go that direction when the time comes.